Holm Oak Pinot Gris 2019
The Holm Oak Pinot Gris is an excellent wine to drink with fresh Tasmanian scallops. The slightly oily texture of Gris matches well with the silky texture of the scallops whilst the acidity of the wine adds some freshness and zing.
Winemaking Notes: A cool dry year allowed for great retention of natural acidity and aromatics in our Pinot Gris fruit – two attributes which can easily disappear in Pinot Gris. We pick our Gris at around 12.5 Baume to make sure the resulting wine has good balance and flavour intensity. 20% of the juice was naturally fermented in stainless steel without temperature control, whilst the remaining 80% was cool fermented in tank with an aromatic yeast.
Tasting Notes: The above winemaking techniques have enable us to achieve a wine that has beautiful lifted pear and jasmine characters on the nose with some hints of creamy, savoury characters’ underneath. Whilst the powerful palate is packed with flavour, it also has added complexity and weight as a result of the wild ferment. The wine finishes with lovely crisp natural acidity.
100% Pinot Gris
Made in Tamar River, Tasmania, Australia.
750ml Bottle Size